In order for insurance to cover the testing, you must present with 1 of the following:
chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or if you believe you have been in direct contact with someone who has the virus.
- Step 1 – Schedule your COVID-19 testing at one of our locations
- Step 2 – Put on Mask and proceed to front Check-in. (If you do not have a mask, we may be able to provide one, but we have limited supplies.) Please maintain 6ft social distancing.
- Step 3 – An AFC employee will instruct you on where to proceed, and call/text you when it is time to be seen.
- Step 4– An AFC Provider will see the patient and order testing.
- Step 5 – AFC employee will come back out with discharge papers as you depart.
Health officials recommend a full office visit along with COVID-19. If COVID-19 comes back negative, there could be underlying issues. If COVID-19 comes back positive there could be fluid on lungs and low oxygen levels the patient may not be aware of. In March 2020 a NYC emergency room physician working in the middle of the pandemic in NYC was published in the New York Times: “When COVID pneumonia first strikes, patients don’t feel short of breath, even as their oxygen levels falls. And by the time they do, they have alarmingly low oxygen levels and moderate-to-severe pneumonia.”