According to the CDC’s latest guidelines, the world really has begun to open up for those that have been fully vaccinated! However, because more and more people are out and about, the risk of getting another contagious illness has begun to increase.
Our AFC Urgent Care TN team shares some further information about how to stay healthy and about our rapid flu, strep and COVID-19 tests below, so keep reading!
How Can I Stay Healthy During Re-Opening?
Other than getting your COVID-19 vaccine, which is of utmost importance right now, the best thing you can do to remain healthy if you are unvaccinated is to continue adhering to health-safety protocols, such as frequently washing your hands with soap and water.
Even if you’re vaccinated for COVID-19, you are still at risk of getting sick with other illnesses, such as strep throat and the flu. Luckily, our AFC centers offer accurate, rapid testing for all three contagious illnesses if you do begin to feel under the weather.
When to Get Tested for Strep, Flu or COVID-19
- If you’ve been exposed to someone who is ill
- If you have symptoms of any of the three illnesses
- If you have taken part in any activities that put you at higher risk of contracting a contagious illness
Should I Visit My Local AFC For a Rapid Test?
Yes! Our AFC TN centers provide molecular rapid COVID-19 tests, strep tests and flu tests that all provide accurate results within 15 minutes or less.
If you believe you may be coming down with COVID-19 or another contagious illness, don’t hesitate to visit one of our AFC Urgent Care TN centers ASAP to get tested. Before you know the status of your health, it’s important to follow the below-mentioned health protocols to keep others as healthy as possible.
Health-Safety Precautions to Follow
- Stay home except to get tested or for medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or shirt sleeve.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid sharing personal items with others.
Need a rapid test? Don’t wait—visit one of our AFC Urgent Care TN centers today!