How Exactly Can Exercise Benefit Me? Exercising impacts every facet of our bodies, providing benefits in a whole host of ways. Between getting your heart rate up to increase cardiovascular health, deepening your breathing to give your lungs a boost and releasing a whole host of feel-good hormones to reduce stress, increase focus and boost mood, there really is not a whole lot that exercising regularly can’t help with in life.
Ways to Make Exercise Enjoyable
- Track your progress from week to week.
- Make it part of your routine so it does not feel inconvenient.
- Set goals for yourself and create rewards for reaching them.
What Activities Count as Exercise?If you are not the type of person who thrives during a good gym session, you still have plenty of options for ways to stay in shape. Doing activities that are physically challenging still counts as exercise and presents all the benefits that come with it. Some of our favorites include playing tennis, going for bike rides, dancing and hiking.
How Much Exercise You Need
- 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week, or
- 75 minutes of vigorous exercise a week, plus
- two strength-training sessions per week