What Are the First Symptoms I Will Experience? Every case is different, but a recent study at the University of Southern California (USC) showed that the COVID-19 cases they monitored exhibited symptoms in this order: fever, cough and muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. As we said earlier, even though fever was generally the first symptom to pop up in those cases, it’s not the same for every case. This makes it vital to follow the necessary health-safety precautions that we’ve listed below.
Health-Safety Precautions to Follow
- Wear a mask in public.
- Remain six feet apart from others outside the home.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you don’t have access to soap and water, use alcohol-rich hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Is Back Pain an Early Symptom of COVID-19?COVID-19-induced back pain is grouped with general muscle aches and pains, which the CDC lists as an official symptom. These can be experienced earlier on, but again, isn’t a guarantee. Back and muscle pain isn’t the only symptom to watch out for when it comes to COVID-19, so stay on the lookout for the other common symptoms that we’ve listed below.
Common COVID-19 Symptoms
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting